ABOUT CBRD-BUSINESS FOR HUMAN DEVELOPMENT NETWORK
The Network is an interdisciplinary group of faculty and students committed to contributing to the university’s mission to bridge faith and scholarship by supporting the global movement for humanistic, inclusive and socially responsible management through research, advocacy, and professional education.
The Network supports the College’s signatory commitment to the Principles of Responsible Management Education led by the United Nations Global Compact. In particular:
Principle 4 | Research: We will engage in conceptual and empirical research that advances our understanding about the role, dynamics, and impact of corporations in the creation of sustainable social, environmental and economic value,
Principle 5 | Partnership: We will interact with managers of business corporations to extend our knowledge of their challenges in meeting social and environmental responsibilities and to explore jointly effective approaches to meeting these challenges.
Principle 6 | Dialogue: We will facilitate and support dialog and debate among educators, students, business, government, consumers, media, civil society organizations and other interested groups and stakeholders on critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability.
TARGET OUTPUTS (PER ACADEMIC YEAR)
- Publish interdisciplinary and collaborative articles in scholarly journals, book chapters, and books
- Publish regular advocacy columns in business dailies
- Secure external funding for research and related projects
- Organize scholarly, professional development and policy advocacy forum
- Advocate public policy supportive of humanistic management
- Produce teaching and training materials
LINKS TO MANAGING FOR SOCIETY:
Dr. Benito Teehankee
Business for Human Development Network (BHDN) Head
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lerma Butigan Bautista
Alvin Neil Areopagita Gutierrez